W-Smart Mission - International Water Security Alliance of Water Utilities
W-SMART is a Non-for-Profit Association incorporated in France, in 2005, as an International Water Security Alliance of Water Utilities. Originated at the aftermath of 9/11 under the leadership of the Commissioner of New York City Department of Environmental Protection, it involves private and public water utilities from Europe, Canada, US, and Israel. Its goal is to create an international forum for promoting experience sharing and catalyzing collaboration among metropolitan water utilities for upgrading their capabilities to ensure sustainable drinking water security and safety with regard to terrorism, man-made and natural disasters.
W-Smart Water Crisis Management Training
- Exercises with W-SMART members serving as Observers for Exercise conducted by their Peers.
- Guidelines & Technical Support for planning & Execution of Crisis Management Exercises.
W-Smart Global Solidarity Initiatives
To support capacity building of local governments in vulnerable developing countries.
- Haiti, City of Carrefour. Post disaster recovery.
- Maputo – Sustainable Sanitation Initiative in partnership with IWA.
- Civil Society Initiatives promoting cooperation between Palestinian and Israeli cities.
W-SMART Research Center
Strategic Partnership of W-Smart, CEA (French Commission of Atomic Energy), KWR Reserach institute and the University of Lille for Technology Assessment and Innovative Solutions to emerging challenges of the Water Industry.
- INCOM. Intelligent Network Control & Monitoring System for Anomaly Diagnostics and Leak Detection.
- Bio-SMART. Bio-Safety Monitoring & pro-Active Risk conTrol for early detection of biocontamination.
- SUNRISE. Smart Urban Networks for Resilient Infrastructure & Sustainable Ecosystems.
- SW4EU. SmartWater4EUrope.
| Emmanuelle Juran
c/o Association des Maires des Grandes Villes de France (AMGVF)
22-28, rue Joubert - 75009 Paris